As you are planning your new kitchen design or getting the project of kitchen remodeling, the look and style you select is very important in determining the overall feel your kitchen will portray. From the country charm of wood cabinets to modern-looking stainless steel appliances, kitchen design styles come in many choices and styles. Some of the popular styles of kitchen cabinets today are:
- English Country – Consists of open china display racks, unique paints and finishes.
- Shaker – This style is characterized by purity, simplicity, and utility. Uses flat panel doors that are inset and flush with the cabinet frame. Other features include wood counter tops, wooden knobs, and brass hardware pieces.
- Country – This style creates an old farm kitchen look with glazes and layered finishes. Includes open shelves, pot racks for cast iron cookware, butcher block, and multi-colored cabinet pieces that look like they are separate pieces of furniture.
- French Country – There are so many elements that go into the French country kitchen including the use of large pieces of furniture that are made mainly of light colored woods and can be decorated with ornate carving.
- Arts and Crafts – This kitchen design style is becoming a popular style for kitchens. In this type of style glass doors and natural wood tones with a matte sheen are used.
- Contemporary – Kitchens that are done in the contemporary kitchen design style often use plastic laminates, special wood veneers, enamels, lacquers, or metal foil laminate for the kitchen cabinet facings.
- Homes can come in many different styles, and built using a variety of materials. So the same goes for kitchen design styles. --interiordesignonadime--